Letters from Bakhtin

Letters from Bakhtin

Saturday, 4 September 2010

Introducing myself

My name is Bakhtin. People are too hung up on categorisation, but if you must know, I'm a cat. And I suppose you want picture, so here's one. I was having bad hair day and had run out of fresh milk, so you'll probably think I look as stroppy as human. And you'd be right.

There's probably lots more I should tell you about myself but there isn't time. I've just arrived from Russia to study for Masters in Creative Writing at Fritzonian Institute, which prioritises cats but offers places to other pro-cat animals and people.


Purrs

Bakhtin

2 comments:

  1. Dear bakhtin,
    I suppose you think you're really cool? Well, I do. I am Scottish theoretical cat with Russian pretensions, likes to make bad bandinage with creative cats. I like jazz, fish and sleeping. I would very much like to hear more of your Edinburgh-based excitements. You are so heteroglossy!
    Bye fur now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deleuze. I have moved into flat with identical twin cats - Saussure and Notsaussure. They're really funky. We plan to form study group looking at French and Russian philosophers. Nothing heavy. If you want to join us, let me know.

    ReplyDelete